Bull Skit Comedy
Position / Placement: Artistic Director
Bull Skit Improvisational Theatre is a Red Deer based non-profit theatre company established in 2008, and has emerged as a leader in Alberta Improv & Sketch theatre. We develop and produce a variety of improvised entertainment by establishing a safe, creative and inclusive experience for our artists and patrons. Read more about us at www.BullSkitComedy.com
Bull Skit Improvisational Theatre is seeking to fill the part-time position of Artistic Director, this contract runs from August 1, 2019 to July 30th, 2020 with the potential to renew. The ideal candidate will have a desire to remain with the program for a few years. The ideal candidate will have a history of artistic accomplishment and leadership. Exceptional communications skills, and clearly demonstrated enthusiasm for the challenge of developing and producing excellent Improvisational theatre.
● History of artistic accomplishment and ability to develop the artistic vision of the company.
● The ability to provide inspirational leadership.
● Excellent interpersonal, communication and organizational skills.
● Proven financial management and experience working within a balanced budget. To create and implement a strategy that ensures artistic excellence, future growth and sustainability of Bull Skit Improvisational Theatre.
Roles and Responsibilities:
● Developing, implementing, and evaluating the theatre season of shows.
● Working with executive director to execute the season in accordance with the mission and vision statement of organization.
● Assisting with the development and retention of company members.
● Building strong relationships with volunteers, company members, and audience.
● Monitoring revenues and expenditures to ensure budgetary guidelines are maintained
● Promoting community awareness of the organization’s mission and aims
● Participating in networking and community relations activities on behalf of the organization. Applicants should submit the following information:
● A cover letter, explaining why you wish to be Artistic Director;
● A copy of your both your artistic & professional résumé;
● A draft proposal for the 2019-2020 Bull Skit Improvisational Theatre season, listing possible shows and briefly outlining how each show would be suitable for Bull Skit.
● Your contact information (Best email and Best Phone# are essential). Applications and any follow up questions may be emailed to the Executive Director Jenna Goldade, at.
Deadline for applications July 26, 2019.
Organization: Bull Skit Comedy
Contact Person: Jenna Goldade
Phone Number: (403) 8726706