Central Alberta Refugee Effort
Position / Placement: Bookkeeper
Position Purpose: The Bookkeeper contributes to C.A.R.E.’s mission and vision by coordinating the financial operations, providing financial reporting and forecasting support and advice to the Executive Director and Board of Directors.
Accountability: Reporting to the Financial Controller, the Bookkeeper will administer accounts payable and receivable record keeping, account reconciliations and related reports for management, and assists with staff payroll execution. As member of the Finance team, the Bookkeeper will provide clerical and administrative support to management as requested.
In this position he/she will have access to personal and confidential information and is expected to maintain discretion at all times.
1) Accounts Payable:
- Administer accounts payable record keeping. Record amounts due, verify invoices, and calculation of discounts. Ensure expense coding as per budget instructions, voucher preparation, and cheque issuance are accomplished accurately and timely. Produce various reports for management including accounts payable register.
2) Accounts Receivable
- Administer accounts receivable record keeping. Ensure cash receipts, claims, or unpaid invoices are accounted for properly. Calculate and enter charges for interest, refunds, or related items. Produce account statements or other related reports.
3) Monthly Reconciliation
- Prepare and perform monthly reconciliations and summary reporting for Finance Management
- Perform monthly payroll process as directed by the Financial Controller.
- Maintain an orderly accounting filing system.
- Accuracy of financial records.
- Timing of reconciliations and reports.
- Financial Controller is satisfied with finance administration support.
Required Competencies, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Comprehensive experience and skills in technical accounting/bookkeeping
- Comprehensive knowledge of Sage 50
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office suite of products.
- Experience with payroll, filing and other full cycle bookkeeping procedures a definite asset
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
Organization: Central Alberta Refugee Effort
Contact Person: Andrea Butler
Phone Number: 403-346-8818