Central Alberta Refugee Effort
Position / Placement: Intake & Settlement Manager
Position Purpose: The Intake & Settlement Manager contributes to C.A.R.E.’s mission and vision by providing the overall management and leadership to the Intake & Settlement team, and as a member of the Senior Management Team of the Agency. In doing so the Intake & Settlement Manager takes, and stimulates team members to take, any initiative in advancing the services provided by the agency.
Accountability: Reporting to the Executive Director, the Intake & Settlement Manager provides supervisory support for a team of approx. 10 to 12 employees in the areas of Youth and School Settlement, and Client Intake and Settlement in Libraries and C.A.R.E. office, to meet set targets for the team as a whole. In addition, this position may also be responsible for some aspect of the program delivery for these program areas.
1) Team Leadership:
- Provide the leadership and mentorship to Settlement Practitioners who work in Schools, Libraries and C.A.R.E. Office, and with the Immigrant Youth.
- Conduct performance reviews of all of the staff involved in the above program areas on an annual basis, and more frequently if necessary. Recruit and hire new staff and coordinate training for all staff in the Program areas.
- Provide the administrative duties required for the various program areas under management.
2) Community Collaborations:
- Foster good working relations with School Districts, individual schools, Red Deer Public Library and other community stakeholders to ensure we are able to deliver programs effectively to our target client groups.
3) Financial Management:
- Budgetary Responsibility: Manage the program area expenditures in accordance with the budgets established by the Agency, and in consultation with the financial management of the Agency. Sign off and approve expenditures within the program areas.
- Provide input for funding proposals.
4) Senior Management Team Participation:
- Participate in the direction setting and decision making for the overall strategic planning of the Agency.
- Attend and participate in regular management meetings to review budgets, personnel matters, and other issues affecting the Agency as a whole.
- Share the responsibilities of the Agency Leadership in representing the Agency at community events and functions.
5) Client Filing and Reporting Requirements
- Ensure the program areas adequately record client interactions and comply with the reporting requirements of the funders.
- Targets as established in funding agreements are met.
- Staff are executing their jobs to the expected performance standards.
- Client files are complete and updated as per Agency guidelines.
- Reports to funders are completed on an accurate, comprehensive and timely basis.
- Program areas are managed within budgetary constraints.
- Our external partners report positively on our activities.
- Satisfactory participation in and contribution to overall agency management
Required Competencies, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Thorough knowledge of the settlement process and issues facing immigrants and refugees during their integration process.
- Relevant post-secondary degree or equivalent training and experience, eg AAISA Level 3 Settlement Practitioner Certification.
- Ideally 5 – 7 years managerial experience , good leadership skills and demonstrated ability to work independently and manage own workload and time.
- Strong focus on client service with orientation towards innovation and collaboration
- Comprehensive knowledge of the Red Deer and Central Alberta community services and collateral agencies; awareness of and ability to use appropriate community resources.
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain positive relationships, both internally and externally, to achieve the goals of the Agency.
- Good communication, presentation, and public speaking skills.
Organization: Central Alberta Refugee Effort
Contact Person: Andrea Butler
Phone Number: 4033468818