Employment Placement and Support Services
Position / Placement: Opportunities Fund Employment Specialist
We are seeking an experienced individual who is highly motivated, confident,
and creative who can connect with area employers and assist job seekers (re)enter the labour market.
Employment Placement and Support Services (EPSS) is a not-for-profit organization that is committed to providing individualized services that promotes each participants strengths and assets. Our Employment Specialist position is an opportunity to meet the needs of both Individuals with Disabilities and Employers looking for innovative ways to enhance and diversify their staffing compliment.
This position requires out of town travel to locations within Central Alberta. This area includes the communities of Blackfalds, Innisfail, Sylvan Lake, Lacombe, Rimbey, Ponoka, Rocky Mountain House, Caroline, Olds, Sundre, Stettler, Wetaskiwin and Camrose as well as all smaller rural communities in the counties.
We are seeking an experienced individual who is:
- Able to provide one-on-one supports to individuals to assist them with career planning, employment preparations, active job search, and employment maintenance
- Familiar with employers within the service area (identified above) and current labour market trends
- Skilled and excited about marketing to potential employers to promote successful employment outcomes
- Able to build and maintain strong employer networks
- Aware of service providers and community resources available within Central Alberta, make referrals when necessary, and work collaboratively with stakeholders
- Experienced with providing supports to individuals with disabilities, including: utilizing assessments and incorporating strategies/techniques that will positively assist individuals to obtaining and maintaining employment
- Familiar with the integration of accommodations, assistive services or adaptive technologies to achieve employment goals
- Able to provide job coaching and/or supports to assist Individuals to maintain employment
- Comfortable facilitating presentations and job search related workshops
- Ability to maintain a client-centered approach while developing trust and demonstrating integrity
- Efficient in paperwork, data collection and meeting deadlines
- Proficient in Microsoft applications with strong communication, documentation and data entry skills
Desired Requirements Include:
- Experience working with Individuals with Disabilities
- Proven track record of successful direct client marketing
- 2 Years of Related Post-Secondary Education
- Criminal Record Check/Vulnerable Sector Check
- Reliable vehicle and Drivers Abstract
Work Hours: (generally Monday to Friday. 8:00 to 4:30 pm) with flexibility to work evenings and weekends as required.
Start Date: As soon as the qualified candidate is identified.
Please forward resume and three references to:
Employment Placement and Support Services Email:
Organization: Employment Placement and Support Services
Contact Person: Cindy Jensen