Aspire Special Needs Resource Centre
Position / Placement: Registered Occupational Therapist - Mat Leave
Closing Date: Open until a suitable candidate is found
Position: Registered Occupational Therapist
Reports to: Supervisors of the Early Access to Supportive Education (EASE) Preschool and Individualized Services (IS)
Location: Red Deer, AB
Status: Full Time - Maternity Leave Coverage (February 2019 for one year)
Our team at Aspire Special Needs Resource Centre is growing and changing and we want you to join us! Aspire’s mission is to provide hope to children with special needs, the families who love them and the communities that care for them. Aspire has an exciting opportunity for someone interested in working in both our specialized preschool and our assessment/diagnostic/consultative program.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to play and interact with children in EASE’s play-based environment alongside an experienced team of teachers, therapists and child development facilitators. This professional will provide assessment and intervention services to the EASE children in consultation with the staff. As well, the Occupational Therapist will consult to the children’s families and community partners.
In the IS program, the successful candidate will have the opportunity to provide a variety of assessment, diagnostic and intervention services to children and youth alongside Psychologists, Speech-Language Pathologists, and Physical Therapists,.
Benefits of working at Aspire on a multidisciplinary team include:
- Opportunity to gain specialized skills in working with a team to diagnose various disorders.
- Opportunity to play and interact with children with diverse needs and their families, and to experience all facets of occupational therapy practice including assessment, diagnosis, program planning, consultation and direct intervention.
- Incorporating language, psychological and physical therapy test results with occupational therapy assessments in order to present a full picture of the child.
- Christmas break and most of summer off (10 month program paid over 12 months)
- Must be a Registered Occupational Therapist in Alberta or be eligible for registration (if out of province). A valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle are required. Experience working with children required, experience working with children with special needs is an asset. Training in ASD assessment and diagnosis is a benefit.
Start date: February 2019
Salary range: Commensurate with experience.
If you meet the above requirements, please forward your resume along with three references to:
Linda Smith, EASE Preschool Supervisor
4826 47th Street
Red Deer, Alberta T4N 1R2
Organization: Aspire Special Needs Resource Centre
Contact Person: Linda Smith
Phone Number: 403-340-2606