Position / Placement: Volunteer Coordinator
Westerner Park is Western Canada’s Event Centre… Your Home for Celebration! We provide premier facilities and service for agriculture and trade, sports and entrainment, conferences and meetings. We are community and team focused and continually growing.
The Volunteer Coordinator is a vital member of the Westerner Park Human Resources Team. Under the direction of the Human Resource Manager, this position would be tasked with overseeing and implementing our Volunteer Program for Westerner Park in order to maximize opportunities to engage our community within our organization.
Building community spirit through volunteers has been and will continue to be a foundation of Westerner Park. We are proud to host the Canadian Finals Rodeo (CFR) and with this comes a tremendous opportunity to recruit and coordinate volunteers. Are you an effective communicator, professional image , well organized, quick learner and service oriented? If this sounds like you, we encourage you to apply.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Under the direction of the HR Manager, the Volunteer Coordinator is responsibilities include:
- Organizing, coordinating and managing the recruitment and onboarding of volunteers for the organization
- Working closely with all Departments to identify, gather and promote volunteer opportunities to facilitate relationships with in Westerner Park and our community
- Match volunteers interests with organizational requirements
- Coordinate and facilitate training and orientation for volunteers
- Prepare and oversee Volunteer schedules for activities and events both onsite and offsite
- Ensure timely communications are had with volunteers to build relationships and provide important updates and relevant information
- Engage with the community and Central Alberta to drive awareness to create volunteer interest from diverse groups in the community
- Maintain updated records for all volunteers
- Support recognition and retention of our Volunteers through Volunteer recognition programs and/or events.
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently, set priorities, be flexible, meet deadlines and allocate time and resource effectively
- Organizational, problem solving and time management skills
- Ability to communicate ideas and network with diverse groups of people
- Ability to lead, mentor, coach and guide volunteers to achieve results that are in the best interest of the organization
- Post secondary certificate in Volunteer Management, or related education in a field related to the volunteer sector and an understanding of current trends, resources and information related to volunteerism
- 2-3 years of experience with program planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation
- Experience in volunteer coordination and community engagement
- Experience training staff or volunteer teams
- Events logistics and organization experience is a strong asset
- Background check including criminal record and a vulnerable sector check
- Possess a valid class 5 driver’s licence
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
Please email your Cover Letter and Resume, to Human Resources with your name and the name of the position you are applying for in the subject line to
For more information: Volunter Coordinator 2018.pdf
Organization: Westerner Park
Contact Person: Human Resources