Catholic Social Services
Position / Placement: 1:1 Match Community Volunteer Companion
Are you looking for a fulfilling volunteer opportunity that can make a difference in the life of individuals with developmental and physical disabilities? Put your passion for towards a rewarding opportunity with Catholic Social Services as Community Companion Volunteer.
- Providing companionship while engaging in meaningful activities in the community
- Commitment is a minimum for 6 months and requires a minimum dedication of 2 hours/week
- Volunteer will not be responsible for transporting the individual to and from activities.
- Good interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Effective communication and listening skills
- Reliable and trustworthy
- Mature, caring and non-judgmental attitude
- Ability to maintain and model healthy, appropriate personal boundaries
Community Companion Opportunities:
2233 - Companionship and Gym Support is required for a 49 yr old male. Volunteer will assist the individual in utilizing gym equipment safely and to act as a support, motivator and cheerleader. Volunteering will take place Mondays at 1:00 pm at the Collicut Center. Volunteer will be responsible for meeting the individual at the gym during the designated time.
2042- Companionship is needed for a 52 year old male. Volunteer will engage in activities on a one to one basis. Activities include getting involved in community/outdoor activities and getting involved in fitness. Volunteer will be responsible for meeting the individual at designated activity. Volunteering can take place any day of the week for 2-3 hours.
2050- Companionship is needed for a female client. Volunteer will be responsible for meeting the individual at soccer on Tuesday nights from 6:00pm to 7:30 pm.
2050 - Companionship is needed for a male client. Volunteer will be responsible for meeting the individual at curling on Monday nights 4:30 pm to 6:30 pm and 2 hockey games a month Fridays or Saturdays 6:30 pm to 10:30 pm.
Volunteers must be caring, compassionate, patient, experience working with folks with a disability an asset but not necessary.
Organization: Catholic Social Services
Contact Person: Marj Cassils
Phone Number: (403) 347-8844