Canadian Mental Health Association
Position / Placement: Board of Directors
Canadian Mental Health Association (CMHA) – Central Alberta Region is seeking volunteers to serve on the Board of Directors of our growing and dynamic organization.
CMHA – Central Alberta Region is part of a National non-profit organization promoting community wellness, and supporting people with mental illness, acquired brain injuries, and addictions through recovery focused support, education, and advocacy.
As a member of our governance board, you will act in a position of trust for the community and be responsible for overseeing initiatives of the agency as well as participating in policy and strategy development. The Board of Directors meets monthly for approximately 3 hours, and additional time commitments may be required throughout the year for committee work and fundraising events.
We welcome all interested parties, however preference will be given to applicants with experience in one or more of the following areas:
· Finances, Accounting, Investments
· Event Planning, Fundraising
· Communications, Marketing
· Law, Policies and Procedures
· Lived Experience
· Team player with strong verbal and written communication skills.
· Able to work effectively with a broad based peer group and promote CMHA’s vision of “Mentally Healthy People in a Healthy Society” throughout the community.
Interested parties are invited to submit their qualifications via email to:
Please include the term “Board of Directors” in the subject line of your email.
Organization: Canadian Mental Health Association