Central Alberta FASD Network
Position / Placement: Board Member
The Central Alberta FASD Network is actively seeking passionate, diverse and experienced board members to help guide the organization as it continues to grow.
The Central Alberta FASD Network is a non-profit organization offering community-based, cost-free services to persons affected by Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder (FASD), and their caregivers. With offices in Red Deer and Rocky Mountain House, we are part of a system wide FASD Network model that has made Alberta a leader in service delivery, both in Canada and internationally. We offer education and training, outreach and prevention, and assessment and diagnosis services.
The Central Alberta FASD Network exists to increase and enhance FASD supports and services to individuals and their caregivers to ensure individuals living with FASD can be supported throughout their lifespan by services that are accessible and respectful of individual, family, cultural and community diversity.
The FASD Network supports a person-centered approach to client care and embraces the core values of dignity, individuality, empathy, integrity, collaboration, innovation, adaptability and leadership.
We visualize a future where there are no new FASD births, and all individuals living with FASD are supported to reach their fullest potential.
WHAT IS FASD?
Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder (FASD) is a condition caused by a mother drinking alcohol while she is pregnant. There is no known amount of alcohol that is safe for the
baby before it is born. Babies may be negatively affected by exposure to alcohol, creating lifelong challenges. The challenges vary from one person to another.
AN HONOR TO SERVE ON THE BOARD
Central Alberta FASD Network board members have the privilege of working collaboratively to direct and support a well-established organization. The board is comprised of community members and professionals who come together to create policy, and provide governance, oversight and strategic direction.
THE FASD NETWORK NEEDS YOU if…
- You are passionate about creating a future where there are no new FASD births and that all individuals living with FASD can reach their full potential.
- You are excited about being part of a hard working and respectful, diverse team.
- You have the time and energy to spend 2 – 4hours a month conducting board work: attending monthly board meetings, participating in committee work, and being an ambassador for the Central Alberta FASD Network in your community.
We are especially interested in speaking with you if:
- You have been a leader on a non-profit board before and you are ready to bring your experience and insight to another organisation.
- You want to broaden your leadership skills and gain experience working in a non-profit environment
- You are experienced in fund development strategies or fund raising and enthusiastic about sharing your skills.
- You have an expertise in finance or accounting.
- You have expertise in marketing and communication.
- You come from a diverse background.
The Central Alberta FASD Network is seeking new board members to serve two-year terms beginning in October 2019. Please emailto receive more detailed information about the Network and the Board of Directors, and to receive an application. Interested candidates are asked to complete an application and will be interviewed by the Recruiting Team.
Organization: Central Alberta FASD Network
Contact Person: Julie Nanson