Catholic Social Services
Position / Placement: Catholic Social Services - Volunteer Community Companion
Volunteers are required for the following two positions:
1. A companion/gym support for a 49 year old male. Volunteer will assist the individual in utilizing gym equipment safely and will act as a motivator and cheerleader. Volunteering will take place on Mondays at 1:00 pm at the Collicutt Centre.
Volunteer will be responsible for meeting the individual at the gym during the designated time.
Female volunteer preferred.
2. Mature volunteer is required to assist a 52 year old male participate in archery. Volunteer will assist the individual with safety rpotocols and proper technique. Experience and understanding of archery and hunting preferred.
Qualifications/Skills for both positions:
- Good interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Effective communication and listening skills
- Reliable and trustworthy
- Mature, caring and non-judgmental attitude
- Ability to maintain and model healthy, appropriate personal boundaries
Organization: Catholic Social Services
Contact Person: Jim Tompkins
Phone Number: (403) 347-8844