Canadian Red Cross
Position / Placement: Health Equipment Loan - Program Administration
Region: Calgary, Grande Prairie, Red Deer, Lethbridge, AB
Application deadline: January 31, 2019
The Canadian Red Cross Society, a non-profit humanitarian organization dedicated to helping Canadians, as well as the most vulnerable throughout the world, is seeking a Program Admin Assistant Volunteer for the Health Equipment Loan Program.
Reporting to the HELP Client Services Coordinator, this position provides general office duties to ensure the effective and efficient operations of the HELP Program. The Canadian Red Cross Health Equipment Loan Program is a short-term loan service which provides medical equipment (with medical referral) to people in need on a donation basis. The Program offers mobility, independence and safety to seniors and those recovering from illness or surgery in their own homes.
- Provides professional customer service and information to the public, both by telephone and in person
- Performs outbound calls and tracking to follow up on overdue equipment or long term loans
- Produces mail/form letters to request the return of overdue items or an update on the status of equipment on loan
- Assists with faxing health care professionals regarding the status of their requests
- Maintains paper and/or computer records regarding clients, loans, reminders and returns
- Compiles statistical reports from the data base, as required
- Maintains work area in a clean and orderly state
- Participates in disaster planning, preparation and response, as required.
- Contributes to a healthy and safe working environment
- Performs other duties, as required
- Training in customer service or office administration and a minimum of one year work related experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including handling interactions with the generalpublic, clients and colleagues
- Strong verbal and writtencommunications skills in English, including telephone etiquette
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to work as part of an effective team
- Ability to effectively execute assigned tasks in a high pressure environment
- Detail-oriented, with a focus on accuracy
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong computer skills, with working knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Word, and inventory databases
- Ability to operate a photocopier, scanner and fax machine
- Experience working with a diverse population
- Fluency in a second language
- General knowledge and understanding of health equipment
- The majority of the work is performed in an office environment and may include warehouse space, which is mostly clean and comfortable.The hours of work for this position may vary but are generally four hours per week, either mornings or afternoons from Monday to Friday. Weekday evenings or Saturday shifts may be available in some locations. Available shifts may vary by location.
Interested parties may submit their application no later than January 31, 2019 via the Canadian Red Cross online application system found at the below link:
Organization: Canadian Red Cross
Contact Person: Please apply through the Canadian Red Cross Online Volunteer Website (link above)