Canadian Red Cross
Position / Placement: Health Equipment Loan Program – Client Services Volunteer
Region: Calgary, Edmonton
Application deadline: December 31, 2019
The Canadian Red Cross Society, a non-profit humanitarian organization dedicated to helping Canadians, as well as the most vulnerable throughout the world, is seeking a Client Services Volunteer for the Health Equipment Loan Program. Reporting to the Client Services Coordinator, this position provides frontline contact for in-person and telephone inquiries from the public with a primary responsibility to provide loans and accept returns of health equipment. The Canadian Red Cross Health Equipment Loan Program is a short-term loan service which provides medical equipment (with medical referral) to people in need on a donation basis.
- Provides professional customer service and information to the public, both by telephone and in-person
- Selects appropriate equipment to match health professional referral and completes minor adjustments to ensure appropriate fit for clients
- Directs telephone enquiries to appropriate departments, programs or other agencies
- Responds to enquiries regarding equipment returns, repairs and loan extensions and completes related documentation
- Creates and maintains paper and/or computer records regarding clients, loans and returns
- Liaises with Equipment Supply staff regarding equipment inventory needs
- Requests and accepts financial and equipment donations in support of Canadian Red Cross programs and services and/or other Red Cross appeals
- Interacts with Health Care Professionals as required
Education and Experience:
- Excellent customer service skills and interpersonal skills
- Strong computer skills with knowledge working with databases
- Strong verbal and written communications skills in English, including telephone etiquette
- Training in office administration and/or one year of work related experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Knowledge of medical equipment as asset
- Ability to collaborate effectively with a team
- Must be 18 years of age or will work under the supervision of an adult at all times
- We are seeking volunteers who can commit to a minimum of six months service
- We are currently seeking volunteers available to fill one or more shifts between Monday to Friday 8:30-12:00 or Monday to Friday 1:00-4:30.
- Office hours are 8:30-4:30 in Calgary, Edmonton, Lethbridge; 10:00-4:00 in Red Deer, Medicine Hat; and 11:00-4:00 in Grande Prairie.
- The majority of the work is performed in an office environment and/or warehouse space
The Canadian Red Cross Society is an equal opportunity employer.
If you cannot open the above application link, please copy & paste URL below to a web browser: https://trr.tbe.taleo.net/trr01/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=CRCS&cws=56&rid=2911
Organization: Canadian Red Cross