Canadian Red Cross
Position / Placement: Health Equipment Loan Program - Equipment Repair Technician
The Canadian Red Cross Society, a non-profit, humanitarian organization dedicated to helping Canadians, as well as the most vulnerable throughout the world, is seeking an Equipment Repair Technician Volunteer for the Health Equipment Loan Program. Reporting to the Lead Technician, this Volunteer Technician will assist with the processing, administration, cleaning, repair and maintenance of health equipment.
- Inspect equipment for damage and perform routine maintenance
- Replace broken or worn-out parts as needed
- Clean and disinfect returned equipment, using an automated washer in some locations
- Ensure equipment is appropriately labelled and numbered
- Ensure equipment is stored safely in warehouse
- Understands and upholds the Red Cross Fundamental Principles and Mission Statement
- Complies with Red Cross HELP policies and procedures
- Education and Experience:
- Mechanical aptitude with experience in using power tools, working with parts and operating machinery
- Interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to handle interactions with colleagues required
- Able to communicate in English required, basic English speaking and writing skills required
- Reliable and able to work closely with a supervisor and as a member of an effective team
- Basic computer skills
- Current WHMS certification or willingness to take training
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 lbs.
- This position requires a successful Canadian criminal record check.
Organization: Canadian Red Cross
Contact Person: Volunteer Resource Service
Phone Number: (1) 8448182155