Canadian Red Cross
Position / Placement: Health Equipment Loan Program – Equipment Repair Technician
Region: Calgary, Edmonton, Grand Prairie, Lethbridge, AB
The Canadian Red Cross Society, a non-profit, humanitarian organization dedicated to helping Canadians, as well as the most vulnerable throughout the world, is seeking an Equipment Repair Technician Volunteer for the Health Equipment Loan Program. Reporting to the Lead Technician, this Volunteer Technician will assist with the processing, administration, cleaning, repair and maintenance of health equipment.
- Systemically inspect equipment according to guidelines and identifies repairs or maintenance required
- Replace broken or worn-out parts as needed
- Clean and disinfect returned equipment according to Red Cross standards, using an automated washer in some locations
- Ensure equipment is appropriately labelled and numbered according to inventory control
- Ensure equipment is stored safely in warehouse
- Understands and upholds the Red Cross Fundamental Principles and Mission Statement
- Complies with Red Cross HELP policies and procedures
- Delivers and picks up equipment at HELP locations, while ensuring no cross-contamination of equipment
Education and Experience:
- Mechanical aptitude with experience in using hand and power tools, working with parts and operating machinery
- Interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to handle interactions with colleagues required
- Able to communicate in English required, basic English speaking and writing skills required
- Reliable and able to work closely with a supervisor and as a member of an effective team
- Basic computer skills
- Current WHMS certification or willingness to take training
- Successful completion of CPR/First Aid taken within past 2 years and a valid Provincial Class 5 driver’s license.
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 80 lbs
- We are seeking volunteers who can commit to a minimum of six months service
- Ideally volunteers will be available on an on-going basis
- Office hours are 8:30am - 4:30 pm.
Interested parties may submit their application by Applying Here. While we appreciate all responses, only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
Organization: Canadian Red Cross