Canadian Red Cross
Position / Placement: Health Equipment Loan - Team Lead
Region: Edmonton, Lethbridge, Medicine Hat, Red Deer (Alberta)
Application deadline: January 31, 2019
Do you enjoy working in a fast-paced environment? Are you a friendly, outgoing person who enjoys leading a team? Do you want to help the Canadian Red Cross help vulnerable people by providing much needed support to those who need it the most?
Reporting to the Assistant Coordinator this position provides leadership to a dedicated team of Client Service volunteers as well as direct support to in-person and telephone inquiries from the public with a primary responsibility to provide loans and accept returns of health equipment. This short-term loan service offers mobility, independence and safety to seniors and those recovering from illness or surgery in their own homes.
- Ensures professional customer service is provided to the public by the Client Service Team
- Overseeing service to clients including customer service to those picking up or returning equipment, responding to phone and in person inquires, assisting with referrals
- Administrative support including record keeping, telephone follow-up, general office duties
- Liaises with regional office/HELP Staff
- Maintains up to date knowledge of Red Cross programs and services and acts as resource in the community
- Provides training, direct supervision, feedback and informal recognition to Client Service volunteers at the Client Service Site
- Organizes and maintains a schedule of Client Service volunteer hours and coverage
- Provides input to Supervisor with regards to volunteer needs, program changes, and client concerns
- Assists with volunteer recruitment in the community
- Monitors the processing of donations received at the site
- Liaises with equipment supply staff with regards to equipment recalls, shortages, and surpluses
- Training in customer service, volunteer management or office administration and/or one year of work related experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- This position requires a satisfactory Canadian criminal record reference check and a satisfactory vulnerable sector check.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including handling interactions with the general public, clients and colleagues
- Demonstrated ability to lead a diverse team
- Ability to delegate tasks
- Proven decision making in a high-pressure environment
- Ability to resolve conflict
- Strong verbal and written communications skills in English, including telephone etiquette
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Strong computer skills with knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Word, and inventory data bases
- Demonstrated ability to listen and empathize with clients concerning their personal and/or health-related issues
- Current generic WHMIS certification, or willingness to take training
- General knowledge and understanding of Health Equipment Loan Program client service functions
- Fluency in a second language
- Experience working with a diverse population
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 lbs
- Current Standard First Aid certification, or willingness to take training
- This is an ongoing position and a minimum 6-month commitment is desired
- Successful volunteers will receive training and support to be successful, maintain a safe work environment and provide excellent service to help those in need of this vital service
- Must be available Monday to Friday between the hours of 9:00 am – 4:00 pm for a 4-hour volunteer shift
The Canadian Red Cross Society is an equal opportunity employer.
While we appreciate all responses, only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
Please note that relocation funding is not available for this position.
Organization: Canadian Red Cross
Contact Person: Please apply through the Canadian Red Cross Online Volunteer Website (link above)