Position / Placement: Social Worker Mentor
Alberta Global Talent is seeking a professional Social Worker, who is willing to share their expertise and experience through a mentorship program with a newcomer mentee who is interested in a career in Social Work. The required time commitment would be up to 18 hours over the course of 3 months. The time schedule is flexible and depends on both the availability of the mentor and the mentee.
Duties / Responsibilities
Mentors help mentees to:
- develop professional networks and job search strategies;
- articulate their aspiration and realize their full potential; and
- understand the Social Work sector in a Canadian context.
Skills / Qualifications
- Experienced and established in the Social Worker sector (must provide resume and relevant credentials)
- Interested in professional and personal development
- Familiar with Canadian Workplace
- Connected to Social Work professionals and/or community networks
- Have excellent interpersonal and communication skills
This is a great opportunity to develop leadership skills, improve cultural competence, increase confidence & personal growth, and feel good about giving back!
Central Alberta Refugee Effort (C.A.R.E.)
Contact Person: Elzbieta Sawicka
Phone Number: 403-346-8818 ext. 248