The Paralympic Sports Association
Position / Placement: Spring Swimming Volunteers
- As a volunteer in the swimming program you are paired up with a participant to work one-on-one with him/her in the pool.
- The junior program takes place mostly in the shallow end between 2-3pm and the intermediate program takes place in the deep end between 3-4pm.
- This program does not require that you have swimming certifications although you are required to know how to swim and be comfortable teaching basic swimming skills and supporting participants.
- You do not need experience working with people with disabilities to qualify; as long as you have a positive attitude you will feel the satisfaction of impacting another person’s life through your time and effort.
- learn about adapted programs and make new friends!
Organization: The Paralympic Sports Association
Contact Person: Phoebe Woo Banson
Phone Number: (780) 439-8687