Choirs Red Deer
Position / Placement: Treasurer (Board of Directors)
- Manages all financial transactions and records of the Society
- Ensures all tasks associated with bank accounts are managed appropriately including: setting up accounts, deposits, ordering cheques, issuing cheques, bank reconciliations, etc.
- Acts a one of three signing authorities for the Society (in addition to two others from the Executive Committee)
- Coordinates the preparation of the Society budget for Board approval
- Maintains all financial books and records
- Prepares financial reports including: monthly financial updates, financial projections, and financial statements for audit purposes and presentation at AGM
- Coordinates member audit process
- Liaise with other Board Directors (ie. Events Director, Registrations/Member Relations Director and Fund Development Director) and Artistic Director to coordinate payments in a timely manner
The Treasurer should have a strong background in financial management, bookkeeping and budgeting. Formal education and/or experience in accounting or business administration is preferred.
- Previous volunteer leadership and Board governance experience
- Accounting designation or business administration background
- Good computer skills with knowledge of financial management software
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to work effectively as a team member
Training and support is provided.
For more information on Choirs Red Deer, visit: https://www.choirsreddeer.com/
Organization: Choirs Red Deer
Contact Person: Tracy Schick
Phone Number: (587) 3773555