Position / Placement: Volunteer Committee Member - Volunteer Central
Do you have skills to share in communications, marketing, and promoting volunteerism? The Community Engagement Committee of Volunteer Central is seeking a few community members to be a part of our Board sub-committee. The Committee provides ongoing strategic guidance and hands-on assistance when needed in areas including, but not limited to:
- event planning
- website content development
- newsletter content development
- media relations
- social media activities
- advertising and promotional material development for events and fundraising and other initiatives
The Community Engagement Committee works in consultation with Volunteer Central staff to provide guidance to our Board of Directors on the priorities and issues relating to branding, marketing, communication, promotions, and related event planning for our organization.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- To develop an annual strategic communications and related events plan, set priorities, and review policy on all matters related to communications, marketing, branding, media relations, promotions, and event planning for Volunteer Central that complements the strategic plan
- Provide support and guidance, and occasional hands-on assistance when needed and appropriate, to staff on marketing materials and related events Examples of events include promotion of Volunteer Central at the farmers market, National Volunteer Week, partner networking, training workshop hosting. Examples of promotional materials include fund raising information packages, signage, info-graphics.
- Attend meetings as called by the Chair of the Committee (usually 3 meetings per year).
Organization: Volunteer Central
Contact Person: Pam Snowdon
Phone Number: 4033463710