Central Alberta Refugee Effort
Position / Placement: Workforce IT Mentor
Alberta Global Talent is seeking professional mentors in Information Technology (IT) who are willing to share their expertise and experience with newcomers who are looking for employment or have been recently hired in the IT field. The required time commitment would be up to 18 hours over the course of 3 months. The time schedule is flexible and depends on both mentor and mentee availability.
Duties / Responsibilities
Mentors help mentees to:
- develop professional networks and job search strategies;
- articulate their aspiration and realize their full potential; and
- understand the IT employment sector in a Canadian context.
Skills / Qualifications
- Experienced and established in IT sector
- Interested in professional and personal development
- Familiar with Canadian Workplace
- Connected to IT professional, corporate and/or community networks
- Have excellent interpersonal and communication skills
This is a great opportunity to develop leadership skills, improve cultural competence, increase confidence & personal growth, and feel good about giving back!
Organization: Central Alberta Refugee Effort
Contact Person: Zahra Rahmani
Phone Number: (403) 346-8818