Engaging YOUth Conference 2019
Aug 14, 2019
Engaging YOUth Conference 2019 Community Agency/Group Vendor Information
You are invited to join us for the Engaging YOUth Conference as a local Central Alberta community agency/group on September 20th at the Penhold Multiplex. The conference is being hosted by Red Deer and Disctrict Family and Community Support Services (a partnership between six municipal partners - Red Deer, Red Deer Country, Bowden, Delburne, Elnora and Penhold).
250 youths from grade 8 - 12 will participate in inspiring sessions and interactive activities with a focus on community engagement. The conference is intended to inspire, create excitement and support youth to plug in, engage and volunteer in their communities. This is where you fit in! We hope to have a good variety of community agencies/groups represented from throughout the District that have opportunities for youth to plug in.
Penhold Multiplex, Waskasoo Avenue, Penhold
Friday, September 20th from 9am to 3:30pm
Community Agency/Group Vendor Information:
Our Request of You:
- Please ensure that you have at least one volunteer/engagement opportunity that is appropriate for youth involvement (Grade 8 - 12).
- Contact Jodi Kelloway at or 403-342-8101 or Pam Hetu at or 403-505-9091 if you have questions.
- Vendor registration is open via Eventrbrite from August 14th - September 9th. Please note that space is limited and early registration is encouraged.
- The password to register is FCSS2019
- Set up at the Penhold Multiplex between 10:00 and 11:30am on September 20th. Include any promotional materials you have (i.e. display visuals, handouts, etc.) Feel free to bring small treats or swag to help break the ice.
- Join us for lunch at 12:00pm and casually meet youth participants and network with other vendors.
- Participate in a speed dating activity with youth participants from 1:30 - 2:30pm. Connect directly with youth/potential volunteers, promote your volunteer opportunities and answer their questions.
- Support youth volunteer involvement in your agency/group.
- Track the number of youth conference participants who connect with your agency/group and complete a brief survey regarding their involvement.
Benefits to Your Agency/Group:
- As we all know, youth have so much to contribute to our communities! You will have the opportunity to connect with and tap into a pool of 250 potential youth volunteers who can support your agency/group's mission.
- You have the opportunity to support young people and have a great impact on our communities by inspiring participants to become lifetime volunteers and community leaders.
- Learn from and receive great tips from local youth on how to best engage them in the community and your cause. Following the conference, we will send you a summary of the key learning that we gathered from participants throughout the day.