Book Fair Volunteer
Canadian Mental Health Association
Health and Wellness
Criminal Record Check Required?
About the Event
-The Canadian Mental Health Association for Central Alberta has partnered with the Red Deer Curling Centre to host a Book Fair fundraising event.
- Items for sale include books, puzzles and games.
- Tables with books will be setup in the big open space where the curling ice usually is, so there will be lots of space to spread out.
- The Red Deer Curling Centre, E, 4725-43 Street
How to Sign Up as a Volunteer
- please use this link to register: volunteersignup.org/98RLA
- if you have trouble, contact
- Pre-Event - March 10th-15th - we will be sorting and organizing books/games/puzzles onto tables so they are categorized. This could involve some lifting of boxes.
- During Event - March 18th-28th (March 18th is a VIP night for teachers).
- Manage the entrance - greet guests, count attendees on clickers, take a toonie entrance fee and provide COVID safety items as needed.
- Manage the exit - thank guests for their support, count attendees departing on clickers, provide ongoing COVID safety support.
- Cashier - take payments in the book fair area. Mainly cash, though we may have access to a square for debit/cc payments.
- Floater - this person will sanitize high touch points, organize books and fill in for others as needed.
Each shift is either 4 or 4.5 hours in length and if you can do more than one shift, that would be wonderful!
- Access to VIP night on March 18th.
- Coffee, tea during your shift.
- Access to the lunch room which has a fridge, microwave, etc.
- CMHA lanyard
- At the end of the event, volunteers will receive access to the remaining inventory of books. Exact details to be confirmed.
Thank you for your interest and we hope to see you there!