Soccer Summer Camp Volunteer
Royal City Soccer Club
Sports and Recreation
Criminal Record Check Required?
About the position:
Volunteers at our summer camps may have any of the following responsibilities:
- Assisting staff with coaching and supervising children at camp
- Equipment collection and maintenance
- General help around camp
- Maintain a clean camp environment and help staff meet all safety protocols
- Adhere to and help enforce all camp policies
The summer camp runs from Monday to Friday during the months of July and August. Volunteers can apply for any of the following shifts during any or all of the 9 weeks of July-August, 2021:
- Morning sessions: 8:30 am - 12 pm;
- Afternoon sessions: 12:30 pm – 4:30 pm; or
- Full day sessions: 8:30 am – 4:30 pm
- Training is provided - volunteers are required to watch a brief orientation video prior to camp starting.
- Volunteers at our camp must be at least 14 years of age by the time their week of volunteering starts. If you are 16 or older, you may be eligible for a CIT (Counsellor in Training) or Camp Counsellor position with us.
- Any volunteers aged 18 or older will be required to submit a police background check.
About the organization:
- The Royal City Soccer Club (RCSC) is a non-profit, community organization started in 1993. For 3 decades, they have hosted a unique soccer camp experience for over 300,000 children between ages 5 and 13 years. Their camps are now the largest grassroots soccer camp in Canada with over 100 locations in Ontario, Manitoba, Saskatchewan, Alberta, British Columbia, and Nova Scotia.