Volunteer Advisory Committee
Special Events and Festivals
Criminal Record Check Required?
Westerner Park is excited to announce we are starting to recruit for our new Westerner Park Volunteer Advisory Committee! Westerner Park was built on volunteers; committees have existed since the beginning of the organization. As we continue to focus on sustainable changes at Westerner Park, we are reigniting our emphasis on volunteerism. We are getting back to our nonprofits roots to fulfill our community engagement goals in Central Alberta and this committee will help us achieve that.
What is the Volunteer Advisory Committee and Who are we looking for?
The Volunteer Advisory Committee (VAC) is being developed to help support Westerner Park in achieving its strategic goals. The VAC will be responsible for providing the successful delivery of a sustainable volunteer program with a primary focus on coordinating with Westerner Park staff in the program's creation, development, and organization.
Volunteer Advisory Committee membership will consist of the following positions:
- Community Representative
- Event Delivery & Venue Operations Representative
- Marketing Representative
- Client Services Representative
- Volunteer Services Representative
- Food & Beverage Representative
- Guest Services Representative
Each of these positions (excluding the Community Representative) will be represented by the Chair of a corresponding business unit volunteer committee.
Volunteer Recruitment Campaign
This volunteer Recruitment campaign will focus on this new Volunteer Advisory Committee & Sub-Committees. We are looking to find individuals who are keen to be part of both the planning and implementation process for the volunteer program at Westerner Park. This campaign will run until May 14, 2021.
How to Apply
- Please visit Westerner Park’s website for more information about the roles:
- To apply, we ask candidates to email a Cover Letter and Resume to , with the position of interest title in the subject line (i.e. ‘Client Services Representative’). The application deadline is May 14, 2021, pending successful volunteer candidates are selected.
If you are interested in joining our Volunteer Advisory Committee or know someone who would enjoy participating, send them our way! Any questions can be sent to .