Canadian Mental Health Association
Health and Wellness
Criminal Record Check Required?
Volunteer Position: Volunteer Coordinator
Position Location: Remote
Who We Are:
Canadian Mental Health Association (CMHA) – Central Alberta Region is part of a national non-profit organization promoting community wellness, and supporting people with mental illness, acquired brain injuries, and addictions through recovery focused support, education, and advocacy.
Who We Need:
CMHA – Central Alberta Region is looking for a friendly and energetic person who could fit in with our team and would oversee the many individuals who offer to volunteer with CMHA Central Alberta.
- Liaising with a CMHA staff point of contact.
- Overseeing volunteer recruitment, applications, orientations, police record checks, oaths of confidentiality and hour tracking/reporting
- Keeping a spreadsheet of volunteer information on Microsoft Sharepoint
- Organizing volunteer opportunities and matching volunteers to opportunities that suit their skills/interests
- Touching base with staff and volunteers for feedback and recognition
Examples of Volunteer Positions:
- Event Support i.e. book fairs, garage sales, film festivals
- Ongoing Support i.e. front desk coverage, activities/game nights, donation sorting
How to Apply:
Please email your cover letter and resume to: