2 - 4 hours
Criminal Record Check Required?
Board of Directors
Etana is looking for innovative new Board Members who are committed to the promotion of individuals with disabilities as citizens of their communities.
Operating as a non-profit society since 1977 (formerly Central Alberta Residence Society), Etana has been successfully delivering services in Red Deer and area. Etana provides home and community supports to approximately 85 adults with developmental disabilities.
POSITION OVERVIEW: Etana is seeking new volunteer Board Members for our Board of Directors. In this role, you will act as a trustee for the individuals receiving services from Etana. You will be responsible for contributing to effective governance and oversight of the organization.
The Board seeks out candidates who possess the following:
• Demonstrated passion for the Etana mission.
• A reflection of the diversity of cultures, abilities, family structure, race, socio-economic status and geography of our service area.
• Knowledge of the governance model and can meet Board work expectations.
• Will engage in deliberative and collegial decision-making.
• Are committed to their stewardship responsibilities.
• A knowledge of (mission specific) systems, organization development, change management, strategic thinking, organizational growth, or strategic legal and nonprofit issues.
• Approximately one Board meeting per month (2 hours/evening)
• Availability to consult with the organization on matters related to your area of expertise
• Etana Board Members serve a two-year term with the option to serve subsequent terms with a minimum one year commitment
• This is a volunteer position
Why should you volunteer for this opportunity?
Share your knowledge and expertise, learn new skills and enhance the lives of individuals with disabilities.
How to apply?
Please submit a letter of interest by March 31st, 2021 by email to Attn: Board Chair.