Mar 22, 2020
- Looking for perishable food items for tenants who are quarantined and volunteers to assist at Amethyst House and/or the homeless quarantine location.
- Email or call the main line and leave a message at 403-342-2266
- Current clients of The Lending Cupboard are asked to hold onto any borrowed equipment at this time until the office re-opens to the public. Although services are temporarily suspended, operating costs still remain. Donations are graciously accepted during this difficult time on line or by mail. To support The Lending Cupboard Red Deer visit www.lendingcupboard.ca. Ongoing service updates can be found on TLC website and social media.
The Golden Circle:
- The Golden Circle is closed for all programs and events until April 30th, when the City will re-evaluate and inform us of our next steps.
- The Golden Circle is still providing limited outreach services. The phones will be answered between 8:30 and 4:30
- The frozen meal program is still available to support isolated seniors and people with disabilities, call 403-343-6074 to place an order. A menu is on their website at goldencircle.ca.
The Salvation Army:
- Food Bank is still operating, but people do need to book an appointment and we've had to revise the hours and distribution process to avoid passing on any germs if possible.
- Items that are needed for Food Bank are cleaners, canned goods, toilet paper, shampoo, soap or any other personal care items.
The Mustard Seed:
Open M/W/F 12 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. | T/Th 8a.m. to 3p.m. | Leave donations at door
- Gown (FDA) Hazmat Suit Sealing Strip
- Non-contact thermometers
- Surgical Masks (FDA)
- Masks (FDA & NIOSH)
- Masks (Face Shield)
- Hand sanitizer
- Hygiene items (soap, shampoo, deodorant, feminine hygiene products)
- Juice boxes
- Bottled water
- Fresh fruit
- Granola Bars
Kerry Wood Nature Centre & Waskasoo Environmental Education Society:
Green Deer Volunteers; Calling all Red Deerians to come together for Green Deer!
Green Deer is Red Deer's annual city-wide spring litter cleanup.
Although it is prudent to physically self-isolate and socially distance ourselves amid the COVID-19 crisis, it is imperative we recognize this does not mean we should socially self-isolate. Participating in Green Deer is a great way to get outside and give back to your community during this time of need. Individuals and families from all walks of life and all areas of the city are encouraged to pick up litter in their backyards and neighbourhoods.
For more information, please visit https://www.waskasoopark.ca/kerry-wood-nature-centre/green-deer
The online registration form can be accessed at https://forms.gle/H76dGfnnfM5dxqkU8
- Youth HQ; staff available by phone or email. Applications and paperwork can be dropped off in a mailbox outside the front door
- Red Deer Public Library; online content available. Visit rdpl.org
- Canadian Mental Health Association; our Systems Navigator is available at 403-506-9955 who is trying to help people navigate the government announcements for support as best they can. Crisis Counselor available at 403-304-7662 - as long as they remain healthy! You can also still call our main office line at 403-342-2266 and we will check messages as often as possible.
- The Lending Cupboard; staff available by email or phone.
- Aspire Special Needs Resource Centre; staff available by email or phone.
- United Way of Central Alberta; staff available by email or phone.
- City of Red Deer Recreational and Cultural Centres
- Red Deer Museum and Art Gallery
- The Golden Circle; staff available by email or phone.
- Alberta Sports Hall of Fame
- Habitat for Humanity ReStore; Habitat for Humanity Red Deer on reduced hours
COOP and No Frills in Innisfail has opened one hour earlier on Monday | Wednesday | Friday’s for shopping for seniors or those with mobility and/or special needs. COOP is 7-8 a.m. and No Frills is 8-9 a.m.
COOP and Pharmasave does deliveries.
West View Coop has a reliable delivery service of groceries. Preferred Pharmacy in Olds delivers prescriptions: https://www.facebook.com/oldsneighbors/ Phone: 403-415-9850
Rocky Mountain House:
Meals on Wheels program in Rocky Mountain House and Caroline.
Food Bank is giving out hampers by appointment only today (March 19, 2020; a sandwich board was out on the street in front to indicate this)
Soup kitchen cancelled. However, the Asokewin Friendship Centre (previously Rocky Native Friendship Centre) is open daily serving food right next door.
Our FCSS Program & Volunteer Coordinator manages a Volunteer Registry. If a senior has a need, they may utilize local volunteers as an option. Feel free to give them her number (403) 895-2763 if they are in need of help.
Seniors Outreach in Kneehill County has recently limited our reach. Our main office will be open from 9:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. Mondays through Thursdays. We would prefer phone in appointments unless absolutely needed to meet in person. We have social space available, and are trying to be cognizant of health and safety protocols to sanitize, etc. Our CommUnity Drop-In Centre, Three Hills is closed as of March 18. Our buses will not be running from March 18 onward. We have some limited caring car drivers and other volunteers who are willing to deliver food, etc. to seniors as the need arises. Still have Meal on Wheels available in Linden, Acme, Three Hills and Frozen meals available through meals on wheels for Carbon and Three Hills. This depends on our volunteer drivers continuing to help out. They will need to phone us at 403-443-2555 or in Carbon area at 1-888-443-2555 for assistance.
Prescriptions- Shopper’s Drug Mart and Apple Drugs both deliver. Groceries- None of the grocery stores are taking orders or deliver.
Meals on Wheels is still running and will deliver 403-742-6568. They are also willing to deliver groceries or prescriptions for their clients. There are no services to deliver from the bank or post office.
- CommUnity: Power of One Event
Free Tax Clinics @ Golden Circle;
The tax clinics on March 21, 28, and April 4th have been cancelled. Future dates are to be determined. For more information go to the Golden Circle website.
- Drop In Digital Literacy Fair; March 20th; Red Deer Public Library; Dawe Branch
- Your Increased Needs - do you need?
- Canceled programs or events
- Canceled training
- Facility closures